Monthly STEM MeetingsJoin fellow UNI STEM Community members on the (generally) 2nd Thursday of each month for presentations and discussions about STEM issues and events.
When: Noon-1:00, 2nd Thursday, Monthly
Where: Rod Library, Room 287 (first floor, former Browsing Room)
What: Short presentation followed by discussion and sharing of upcoming STEM events/issues on campus. Bring your lunch.
Submit ideas for Monthly Meeting Topics through the contact us form.
STEM AmbassadorsThe UNI STEM Ambassadors are a select group of UNI undergraduate students who represent science, technology, engineering, and mathematics academic departments and majors across campus. STEM Ambassadors represent UNI at regional STEM festivals and support on campus STEM outreach to K-12 Students, educators and the public. Faculty and Staff may request the assistance of STEM Ambassadors by sending an email stating the details of the event (date, times, location on campus, age and approximate number of K-12 students involved) and support request (what do you want the ambassadors to do? serve as group leaders, register participants, lead activities, assist presenters, etc.) to UNI STEM Coordinator, Marcy Seavey, please allow at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
Community EngagementSubmit your community engagement projects to the UNI Community Engagement Database to earn UNI credit toward President's Honor Roll and other recognitions and help our community document our contributions to the community. Visit the Community Engagement page now: http://www.uni.edu/engagement/
- STEM at the University of Northern Iowa Facebook Page - Our public venue for UNI STEM Stories
- STEM Calendars - UNI STEM maintains calendars for UNI Faculty and Staff, UNI Students, K-12 Educators, and K-12 Students & Families. Submit events to one or more calendars via the contact us page.
- UNI STEM & Friends Google Group - Used for announcements about UNI STEM activities, resources, and events. Open to UNI Faculty & Staff and others interested in participating in the UNI STEM Community
- UNI STEM Learning Community - This eLearning space is used for discussion and development of UNI STEM projects. This space is open only UNI Faculty and Staff.
- Include the UNI STEM Logo, the B&W UNI STEM Logo and/or the STEM Jobs Approved Logo on your website or print document. What does STEM Jobs Approved mean? Contact us with questions about usage policies.
Campus Faculty & Staff Resources
- UNI Scholarworks - is a digital archive designed to capture, preserve and make available your research and creative works. It provides permanent centralized storage and access to the depth and breadth of the University’s intellectual assets. It allows you share and to keep track of the use of your scholarly works. UNI Scholarworks can assist faculty and staff with maintaining their vitas and annual impact reports and it can help students maintain access to their scholarly works after graduation.
- Rod Library Liaison and Research Librarians - Each UNI Department has a Library Liaison who can assist faculty in the development and delivery of programs that elevate the level of student's scholarly work.
External Faculty & Staff STEM Resources
- Research+Practice Collaboratory NSF Funded group provides tools and brings educators and researchers together for equitable innovations in STEM Teaching and Learning
- RPP Toolkit Exercises, examples, and readings about developing and maintaining a strong RPP
- STEM Teaching Tools Overviews from University of Washington's Institute for Science + Math
- Sept 2016 Issue of INSIGHT Into Diversity is all about developing diversity in STEM on campus and in STEM fields.